The Wargame Spot Forum
The Wargame Spot Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us....they can't get away this time. "Chesty Puller"

New guy here
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Sci-Fi Gaming -> Sci-Fi Games DiscussionMessage format

Desert Scribe
Posted 2015-08-12 2:43 PM (#16686)
Subject: New guy here

Hey everyone,

I didn't see a board for introductions, so I'll just put this up here. I'm a long-time gamer who moved here from San Antonio not too long ago, and I'd like to start gaming on a regular basis. In the sci-fi area, I play OGRE/GEV, X-Wing, and generic spaceship games like Full Thrust, Galactic Knights, and Star Navy. I also have fantasy figures for Hordes of the Things, Song of Blades & Heroes, and Oldhammer. I'm willing to play other games if someone has minis I can use--the Robotech minis game looks especially interesting. Is there much of a sci-fi scene at Great Hall?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pazuzu
Posted 2015-08-12 6:09 PM (#16688 - in reply to #16686)
Subject: Re: New guy here

Regular

Welcome! Yeah, there is someone else lurking around that has been or planning to play ogre. There is also a good xwing and robotech following. If you ever want to get in an ogre hex I'm up for that...never got into the miniature game!

~dave
RazorMind
Posted 2015-08-12 7:26 PM (#16689 - in reply to #16688)

Ultimate Veteran

Welcome! you will find that the GHG bunch are a great group of gamers and always willing to accommodate new players. Thursday nights and Sundays see the most miniature wargaming around these parts. Some Armada has started to be played and for a short time there was a large DropZone Commander being played but have not seen that bunch in a while. I just got my starter box in for the Halo Fleet battles, so gonna read those rules soon and see if it could be a good game.
DontFearDaReaper
Posted 2015-08-12 7:35 PM (#16690 - in reply to #16689)

Ultimate Veteran

Jeff Lyon is a big Ogre/GEV fan with tons of miniatures for the game. You see a lot more sci-fi games and gaming nowadays although it has always been lurking around the club. I haven't seen the Dropzone Commander bunch in a while either. Too bad, it always looked like a fun game. Francisco has Starmada conversions for Babylon 5 ships. We haven't played it in awhile, but I always had a blast when we did. Marty is making noises about playing BattleTech again. I actually have hex-based terrain and mats for that (well really did it for CAV but who plays that anymore??).

Dave da gamer
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)