The Wargame Spot Forum
The Wargame Spot Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's the sixth time I've played it. But my first with an opponent." —Victor, the Destroyer

Greetings from England!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Historical Gaming -> General discussionMessage format

benoflamancha
Posted 2017-08-20 4:27 PM (#24985)
Subject: Greetings from England!

Veteran

Hey guys, how's it going? Loooooong time no see, haha. Sorry I haven't really kept in touch with anyone.

I deeply regret selling off my 10mm Bloody Big Battles stuff, since now people here are really getting interested, and I've got to re-buy and paint everything all over again, like a fool!

I've gotten heavily into Bolt Action since coming over here, now I've got forces for USMC and early WWII Germans. The gaming culture over here is so cool, even though there aren't that many shops that carry models, compared to the US, the gaming convention circuit is incredibly active (which makes sense, it's a very small, compact country,) and people here all play in local clubs, renting out church halls and the like. Heck, there are three different clubs a week that I try to attend (though the club fees do stack up, and I get in trouble if I spend Too much time out and about wargaming!)

I was deeply saddened to hear about GHG going out of business. It was such a fixture in the Austin gaming scene, and my true introduction to historical wargaming. I'm glad some of y'all are keeping up the traditions and still playing together. I still check this forum from time to time to see what's going on and look at other people's games and projects.

I miss you guys, and I miss real Mexican food, but I sure as hell don't miss the weather in Texas! Feel free to drop me a line or say hey anytime. I might have to update this post with some pictures of all the things I've been painting lately.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RazorMind
Posted 2017-09-16 9:32 PM (#24986 - in reply to #24985)
Subject: Re: Greetings from England!

Ultimate Veteran

Most everyone is on Facebook now, best to post on the FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/637978173039324/?multi_permalinks=68...

Glad to hear all is well in Merry Ole
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)